Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the wings of friendship



“Night butterfly”



My friend’s airplane


by Ekaterina Levina

I miss my friend. I terribly miss my friend.
He’s a graphic designer in Moscow. We used to work together, well… long time ago.
Was it 1996 when we met? It looks about right.

He’s insanely busy with his work. The biggest downside being a graphic designer working for a video production company, besides crazy hours and clients who never know what they really want, is that everything must be done “yesterday”.
I’ve seen two types of designers: one is a nervous wreck, who screams at the computer screen, and another is a Zen philosopher who says, “This could be even worse… and it’ll be”.
My friend is a Zen type. He’s wonderful.

I remember when he made this screensaver picture with an airplane with words from a song written in 1943 (he was interested in the WWII history):

"Мы летим, ковыляя во мгле,
Мы ползем на последнем крыле.
Бак пробит, хвост горит и машина летит
На честном слове и на одном крыле...”

Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer
Though there's one motor gone
We can still carry on
Comin' in on a wing and a prayer

I loved the picture because it perfectly described my emotional state at that time. I think that I’ve told my friend million times about how much I admire his picture. For me, it’s symbol of my life 10-15 years ago.

Now it’s spring and my friend is in love. It’s about time.
My friend’s had his share of troublesome relationships in the past. I hope he’ll be happy this time. I cross my fingers and wish him luck.
I’m waiting to hear his story (there’s nothing better than a love story)!

I can reach him in my dreams when my imagination flies across the ocean under night sky. I imagine butterfly wings which take me there.

Friendship doesn’t care about time and distance.
The wings of friendship can bring people together anytime and anywhere.

I can’t wait to get his e-mail.


No comments: